Wednesday 1 June 2011

Carole Easton, disciple of King Solomon

.
Johannes
Miescher discovered DNA in 1871. James Watson and Francis Crick discovered its double helix structure in 1953.

An even greater scientific achievement could be the discovery of
22 Strand DNA Activation.

Mind you, Carole Easton isn't any kind of scientist. She is, however, an accomplished Reiki Master. That ought to be enough to convince anyone!


I'll allow her handout (available here and here) to, errr, explain.

"Etheric Surgery - The DNA activation is done through etheric [sic] surgery using an activated crystal wand. It involves 12 recepter [sic] sites (codons) to the DNA and they are accessed through the etheric [sic] spine and illuminated light (I have actually seen this light whilst I was adminstering [sic] the wand to this area). This activates 22 of the 24 strands..."

Don't give up yet! The funny bit is still to come. First, here are the benefits of 22 Strand DNA Activation, according to Carole.

"I have been informed that just some of the benefits of 22 strand activation can be... Strengthens your immune system... Increases your ability to use more of your brain... Many people... become more psychic... One client had been in constant pain for years and is now pain free [sic] after her treatment..."

You could be forgiven if the faintest shadow of a doubt had already crossed your mind. Carole is quick to assure us that 22 Strand DNA Activation has been around for a very long time.

"Initially the 22 strand [DNA] activation was used as a rite of passage in the ancient mystery school traditions to activate high priests and priestesses, prophets, and oracles. Activation of the 22nd strand has been handed down from the time of King Solomon..."

My ASA complaint, which appears below in full, expresses the aforementioned faintest shadow of a doubt with as little subtlety as possible.

"I'd like to challenge whether these claims are misleading, because I understand that DNA was discovered by Johannes Friedrich Miescher in 1871, and not by King Solomon and his high priests, priestesses, prophets and oracles."

The full ASA complaint follows!

"I'm writing to complain about a handout for Carole Easton, which I picked up from a stall at the 'Mind Body Spirit' exhibition in London on 26th May.

The handout promotes the health benefits of the advertiser's "DNA Activation" therapy, which I suspect are misleading.

1. "Etheric Surgery - The DNA activation is done through etheric [sic] surgery using an activated crystal wand. It involves 12 recepter [sic] sites (codons) to the DNA and they are accessed through the etheric [sic] spine and illuminated light (I have actually seen this light whilst I was adminstering [sic] the wand to this area). This activates 22 of the 24 strands..."

I'd like to challenge whether the advertiser's claim that she can administer "etheric surgery" with her "activated crystal wand", which creates a visible glow along the "etheric spine", is misleading.

2. "Initially the 22 strand [DNA] activation was used as a rite of passage in the ancient mystery school traditions to activate high priests and priestesses, prophets, and oracles. Activation of the 22nd strand has been handed down from the time of King Solomon..."

I'd like to challenge whether these claims are misleading, because I understand that DNA was discovered by Johannes Friedrich Miescher in 1871, and not by King Solomon and his high priests, priestesses, prophets and oracles.

3. "Benefits of DNA Activation... I have been informed that just some of the benefits of 22 strand activation can be... Strengthens your immune system... Increases your ability to use more of your brain... Many people... become more psychic... One client had been in constant pain for years and is now pain free [sic] after her treatment. Once activated changes can start immediately and continue to donwload over 3-9 months."

I'd like to challenge whether the advertiser can substantiate her claim that DNA Activation can strengthen the immune system, increase brain power, increase psychic abilities and cure chronic pain.

I can confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser or with the alternative medicine industry in general."

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sceptical Writer

    I am curious of which background you come from regarding matters of advertising and the contents of brochures and prodecures?
    Are you just a normal everyday person with ideas and opinions or do you have deeper knowledge of subjects you write about, ie science degree, certificates and profound knowledge of procedures you are talking about.

    I would very much like you to reply.

    Anne Davies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne,

    I don't have any relevant scientific or medical qualifications, as I think I've mentioned before. I can recite the CAP Code virtually from memory, though!

    I think I know what your next question is, but I'll wait politely for you to ask it.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Anonymous really think that you have to have a deep background in science to realize that the above claims critiqued by sceptical letter writer are false.I am not a scientist either but I do have a substantial interest in the history of ideas and not just scientific ones and just a little rational thought will show that it is historically inaccurate nonsense not worth troubling yourself with.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.