Saturday 24 April 2010

The Cybertrone - diagnoses cancer by measuring 'energy fields'


The back page of Nexus magazine contains a brazen advertisement for a revolutionary new medical device - the Cybertrone.



According to its manufacturers, the Cybertrone measures the "energy field of the patient" and thus diagnoses "the causes of illnesses and disturbances" such as "bacteria, viruses, fungi, chemicals, pesticides, metals, hormones, cancer..."

I feel a little sceptical about this claim since, if true, it would be the greatest medical breakthrough for thirty years.

The manufacturer's website assures us the Cybertrone has "proof of therapeutic effectiveness", but omits to mention where I can find it. As ever, I'll let the ASA do the dirty work for me.

"I write to complain about an advert in the UK edition of "Nexus" magazine (April-May 2010, Vol 17, No 3, back page).

The advert, for AussiMed Pty. Ltd, promotes the "Cybertrone" "Quantum-Response-Technology" device.

I suspect that the advert may be in breach of one section of the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (CAP) code.

I can provide an original copy of the advert by post, if required.

1. The Cybertrone is an electonic device which, according to the manufacturers, measures a patients "energy field" and thus diagnoses a wide range of medical conditions [1].

2. My complaint deals solely with the contents of the advertisement in Nexus magazine.

3. Under Section 50.1 of the code, I challenge whether any of the following claims are backed by evidence, if appropriate consisting of trials conducted on people:

(i) The Cybertrone is capable of a "diagnosis" of any medical condition at all

(ii) The Cybertrone is capable of "testing" any "substance" at all

(iii) The Cybertrone is suitable for "dentistry"

(iv) The Cybertrone is suitable for "veterinary use"

(v) The Cybertrone diagnoses with "high accuracy"

4. I confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser, the magazine, or with the publishing and alternative medicine industries in general. I confirm that I am not involved in legal proceedings with the advertiser or the magazine.

Footnotes:
[1] http://www.cybertrone.eu/EN%20Information.html
"