Friday 6 August 2010

Barbara Brennan (part 2) - advanced healer


Barbara Brennan - the blonde rocket-woman pictured below - is still trying to fill places at her hands-on healing schools in Austria and the USA.


The ASA complaint I submitted in April about a related advert was clearly not enough.

Now I'd like to know if she can substantiate her claim that "Barbara Brennan Healing Science" is

"...one of the most advanced energy healing systems available today..."

If true, that would hardly be an amazing discovery, since all the other "energy healing systems" don't work at all!

"I write to complain about an advert appearing in "Kindred Spirit" magazine, Summer 2010 issue, p82.

The advert promotes for the "Barbara Brennan School of Healing Europe".

I suspect that the advert may be in breach of two sections of the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (CAP) code. I can provide an original copy of the advert by post, if required.

1. In April, I sumbitted a complaint about a different advert from the same advertiser. I believe it is still under your consideration.

2. The advert which is the subject of this complaint contains a related, but different, medical claim, so I will risk submitting this second complaint.

3. Barbara Brennan is an American healer who promotes her own form of hands-on healing, "Barbara Brennan Healing Science".

4. Under Sections 3.1 and 50.1 of the CAP Code, I challenge whether the advertiser holds documentary evidence to prove any of the following claims, and I challenge whether the claims are backed by evidence, where appropriate consisting of clinical trials conducted on people:

(i) "Barbara Brennan Healing Science" is "one of the most advanced healing systems available today"

(ii) Barbara Brennan's hands-on healing technique is capable of any kind of healing whatsoever

5. I confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser, the magazine or with the alternative medicine industry in general. I confirm that I am not involved in legal proceedings with the advertiser or the magazine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.