Wednesday 11 August 2010

SLW vs His Holiness the Buddha Maitreya


It's not every day that I get to lock horns with a God, so keep reading!



This is His Holiness the Buddha Maitreya who, I am assured, is the American incarnation of the other Buddha.

(You know, the famous one.)


An advert appeared in the summer issue of Kindred Spirit magazine promoting a rather enticing piece of jewellery called the "Etheric Weaver".

It looks like something a Bejoran character in Star Trek would wear on their ears, but according to the advert, it is a "simple tool for personal & planetary healing."

I hope someone at the ASA has a good chuckle when they read my carefully-phrased complaint.

"I write to complain about an advert appearing in "Kindred Spirit" magazine, Summer 2010 issue, p20.

The advert, for the His Highness the Buddha Maitreya, promotes a piece of jewellery called the "Etheric Weaver".

I suspect that the advert may be in breach of two sections of the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (CAP) code. I can provide an original copy of the advert by post, if required.

1. The advert contains the text:

"H.H. Buddha Maitreya's Etheric Weaver...a simple tool for personal & planetary healing...Visit ShambhalaHealingTools.com to view our entire line of personal & planetary healing tools".

2. Under Sections 3.1 and 50.1 of the CAP Code, I challenge whether His Holiness can substantiate His claim that the "Etheric Weaver" is a "tool" capable of "personal and planetary healing".

3. I confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser, the magazine or with the alternative medicine industry in general. I confirm that I am not involved in legal proceedings with the advertiser or the magazine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.