Thursday 2 June 2011

Elizabeth Francis and Friends


A year ago the woo magazines were awash with adverts for psychics and tarot readers claiming to be "accurate".


Their numbers are thinner on the ground now, but there are still a few of them buzzing around like irritating little mosquitoes.


Here are seven "accurate" psychics, starting with the serial offender pictured above, Elizabeth Francis.

ELIZABETH FRANCIS (advert available here)

"I'm writing to complain about an advert in Spirit and Destiny magazine (May 2011, p91).

The advert, for Elizabeth Francis, promotes a psychic telephone service.

1. "Elizabeth Francis - Psychic - Medium - Tarot - Accurate & No-nonsense..."

I'd like to challenge whether the claim that Elizabeth Francis's psychic services are "accurate" is misleading.

I can confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser."

JILLIAN LANE (advert available here)

"I'm writing to complain about an advert in Spirit and Destiny magazine (May 2011, p88).

The advert, for Jillian Lane, promotes a psychic telephone service.

1. "Jillian Lane... President of accurate clairvoyants & psychics..."

I'd like to challenge whether the claim that Jillian Lane is "accurate" is misleading.

I can confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser."

LIVELINES LTD (advert available here)

"I'm writing to complain about an advert in Soul and Spirit magazine (June 2011, p12).

The advert, for LiveLines Ltd, promotes a psychic telephone service.

1. "Finest Clairvoyants - Working with the Angels, my guides & loved ones to give clear & accurate in depth [sic] readings..."

I'd like to challenge whether the claim that the readings are "accurate" is misleading.

2. "Professional Tarot - The proof you will find is by having a full and detailed reading to see how astonishingly precise our readers really are..."

I'd like to challenge whether the claim that the readings are "astonishingly precise" is misleading.

I can confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser."

"MARIA" (advert available here)

"I'm writing to complain about an advert in Spirit and Destiny magazine (May 2011, p92).

The advert, for "Maria", promotes a psychic telephone service.

1. "Maria - Caring, Compassionate, Wise Woman - Natural Psychic... Speak to Maria for Sincere, Personal and Very Accurate Readings..."

I'd like to challenge whether the claim that "Maria"'s psychic readings are "very accurate" is misleading.

I can confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser."

RJ MEDIA (advert available here)

"I'm writing to complain about an advert in Soul and Spirit magazine (June 2011, p86).

The advert, for RJ Media, promotes a psychic telephone service.

1. "Psychic Tarot NEW SERVICE... Genuine Accurate Readings..."

I'd like to challenge whether the claim that the readings are "accurate" is misleading.

I can confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser."

"TRUTH FAIRY" (advert available here)

"I'm writing to complain about an advert in Spirit and Destiny magazine (May 2011, p88).

The advert, for www.truth-fairy.com, promotes a psychic telephone service.

1. "Really shocking! Everything she said was very accurate to the point that I couldn't believe it..."

I'd like to challenge whether the testimonial claim that the service is "very accurate" is misleading.

I can confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser."

PSYCHIC LIGHT (advert available here)

"I'm writing to complain about an advert in Kindred Spirit magazine (Issue 110, May/June 2011, p83).

The advert, for Psychic Light, promotes a psychic telephone service.

1. "Psychic Light - 'KNOW YOUR FUTURE - UNDERSTAND YOUR PAST' - Accurate readings with genuine and gifted psychics..."

I'd like to challenge whether the claim that the advertiser's psychics can provide "Accurate readings" is misleading.

I can confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.