Tuesday 26 October 2010

Trion My Patience


Here's another company seducing its customers with worthless magnet therapy tat.



Trion:Z's flyer (available here, here, here and here) is rather unusual in that its testimonials are from real, non-fictional people. And famous ones, at that!

Mind you, I've never heard of Rory McIlroy, James Anderson or Michelle Jones. But then again, I don't get out much:


ASA complaint follows!

"I write to complain about a flyer I picked up at the CamExpo exhibition in London on 24th October this year.

The flyer, for Trion:Z, promotes various magnet therapy products.

I suspect that the flyer may be in breach of two sections of the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (CAP) code (2010). I can provide the original flyer by post, if necessary.

1. The ASA Council has in the past ruled against claims that magnetic therapy products can ease pain (e.g. Complaint Ref 93337).

2. Under Section 12.1 of the CAP Code, I challenge whether any of the following claims can be substantiated, and under Section 3.1 I challenge whether they are misleading:

(i) "Trion:Z" products can "balance the bodies [sic] magnetic and electrical fields"

(ii) "Magnetic Therapy is...believed to help with a wide range of health conditions, including pain relief and injury recovery. The influence of negative magnetic fields is believed to naturally improve the flow of blood and oxygen to areas of injury to facilitate healing and cell regeneration."

(iii) "Trion:Z uses 1000 Gauss magnets in a unique patented...orientation...COMPETITOR MAGNETS...use two-dimensional magnets which are inexpensive to produce and have minimal field penetration. Other multi-magnet devices use poles in the same direction, creating a 'dead zone' and are consequently less effective."

(iv) "Trion:Z...products are made with ion-releasing capsules or with a textile known as "Mineon Health" woven into the fabric. They generate abundant, beneficial levels of negative ions, which are released at rates of 50 to 100 times higher than competing bracelets."

(v) The "Agility Waist Belt" ("Colantotte - Supports" section) is the "perfect tool for maintaining a healthy body" because it contains "1,300 gauss Ferrite [sic] magnets in alternating arrays" that can "stimulate blood flow in the lower back"

(vi) The "Multi Supporters" with "1,000 guass [sic] Ferrite [sic] magnets in alternating arrays" have "scientifically developed [sic] ionised [sic] properties" which "promote blood circulation and aid your recovery [from sporting activities]"

3. I confirm I have no connections with the advertiser. I confirm I am not involved in legal proceedings with the advertiser."

2 comments:

  1. "two-dimensional magnets"

    "negative magnetic fields"

    WOW! I'm fair impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have both written and photographic proof that trion is in violation of FTC regulations.

    For more info, contact me at:midohiomemorials@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.