Wednesday 31 March 2010

The Famous (but anonymous) American Psychic Reader


This chap (or chapette) claims to be a "Famous American Psychic Reader" who can give "Highly accurate" psychic readings.



I wonder if they have permission to work in the UK, and are paying taxes on their ill-gotten gains?

Anyone who wanted to know could phone the anonymous advertiser on 07551 985271.

As for me, I've contacted Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs to ask politely what they know. I've also fired off another standard complaint to the ASA.


"I write to complain about an advert in the "Luton News" newspaper (March 31st, p3), which promotes the services of an anonymous "Famous American Psychic Reader".

I suspect that the advert is in breach of one section of the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (CAP) code.

I have submitted a scan of the advert. The advert is towards the top right-hand corner of the page. I can provide an original copy of the advert by post, if required.

1. The CAP Code, Section 3.1, states "Before distributing or submitting a marketing communication for publication, marketers must hold documentary evidence to prove all claims, whether direct or implied, that are capable of objective substantiation."

2. I challenge whether the advertiser holds documentary evidence for the claim that the "Famous American Psychic Reader" can provide "highly accurate" psychic readings.

3. I confirm that I have no connections with the advertiser, with the newspaper, or with the publishing industry in general. I confirm that I am not involved in legal proceedings with the advertiser or the newspaper.

4. I confirm that I am happy to be identified as the complainant."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.